Representative Haggerty Accepting Applications for Position of Legislative Aide
The Office of State Representative Richard M. Haggerty (D-Woburn) is currently accepting applications for the position of Legislative Aide.
Representative Haggerty serves as Vice Chair of the Joint Committee on Community Development and Small Business, serves on the Joint Committee on Financial Services, and the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy. The 30th Middlesex District consists of the City of Woburn: Wards 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and the Town of Reading: Precincts 2, 3, 4, 5.
- Researches and resolves constituent questions and problems
- Tracks and responds to constituent correspondence
- Meets with constituents, advocacy organizations, and lobbyists
- Attends legislative meetings and committee hearings
- Conducts legislative and policy research for the Representative
- Drafts, files, and tracks legislation, budget items, and legislative amendments
- Prepares testimony on sponsored and co-sponsored bills
- Drafts press releases, newspaper editorials, newsletters, social media posts, and website updates
- Maintains the Representative’s schedule
- Assists with supervision of interns and volunteers as needed
- Attends events or forums in the State House and district in lieu of the Representative as needed
- The ideal candidate will have superior organizational skills, excellent writing and speaking abilities, a high level of professionalism, and a demonstrated commitment to public service.
- The position requires sensitivity to personal information, attention to detail, and the ability to keep track of many concurrent tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $45,190 (non-negotiable) with health insurance (including eye and dental), disability insurance, state pension, and tuition remission for State College/University
Location: State House Boston, MA with occasional travel to the district. Hybrid work schedule.
Start Date: April 2022
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter over email to Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or social media messages. Candidates from the 30th Middlesex district will be given preference. Minority, Veteran, and LGBTQ+ candidates are encouraged to apply.